Primary muscles: Glutes, quads, inner thighs, biceps
Secondary muscles: Hamstrings, forearms, core
Side Lunge Curl Instructions
1. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Step out to the side with your left leg, lunge, and extend your arms down.
3. Use your right foot to push you back to the starting position, squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells.
4. Step out to the side with your right leg and repeat.
5. Keep alternating legs until the set is complete.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Keep your core tight, your back straight, and maintain your palms facing front. Don’t step too wide to the side, breathe in as you lunge, and keep the knees pointing in the same direction as the feet. Breathe out as you return to the starting position, lift the dumbbells and curl.
From the Shop
The side lunge curl targets the inner and outer thighs, glutes, quads, and biceps. This is a compound move that works your whole body, boosts your heart rate, ignites the metabolism, and helps you burn extra calories.
Side Lunge Curl Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the side lunge curl, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …