Primary muscles: Glutes, abs, quads
Secondary muscles: Calves, hamstrings, lower back
Equipment: No equipment
ROLLING SQUAT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Stand up at the front of the mat with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Bend your knees and press your hips back, until the glutes touch the mat.
3. Roll back with your knees bent.
4. Roll forward into the squat position and stand up.
5. Repeat until the set is complete.
PROPER FORM AND BREATHING PATTERN
Engage your core, keep your hips back and don’t let the knees extend beyond the toes. Use your speed and momentum to roll back and forth, one vertebra at a time, and push through the heels to stand back up. Inhale as you squat and breathe out as you come up.
The rolling squat is a cardio move that also strengthens your core, legs and glutes. This exercise improves your balance and coordination, boosts your metabolism and increases your stamina.
SETS AND REPS
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the rolling squat, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise: