Primary muscles: Core, glutes, quads, hamstrings, shoulders
Secondary muscles: Hips, triceps, upper back, chest
Reverse Lunge Shoulder Press Instructions
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing forward and your elbows under your wrists.
3. Take a step back with your left leg and flex your knees until the back knee is just above the floor.
4. Stand back up, lift your left knee and push the dumbbells up.
5. Repeat this movement for the entire duration of the set and then switch legs.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Tighten your core, keep your back straight, open your chest and maintain your hands shoulder-width apart. Breathe in as you flex the knees and lunge, and breathe out as you stand back up and push the dumbbells up and over your head.
From the Shop
The reverse lunge shoulder press strengthens the core, glutes, quads, hamstrings, and shoulders. This compound exercise boosts the metabolism, trims down body fat, increases muscle power and strength, and sculpts your whole body.
Reverse Lunge Shoulder Press Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the reverse lunge shoulder press, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …