Primary muscles: Core, glutes, quads, hamstrings, shoulders
Secondary muscles: Hips, calves, triceps, upper back, chest
Equipment: Medicine ball
Reverse Lunge Medicine Ball Overhead Press Instructions
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a medicine ball in your right hand at shoulder level.
2. Take a step back with your right leg and flex your knees until the back knee is just above the floor.
3. Stand back up, bring the medicine ball up and over your head and switch it to your left hand.
4. Take a step back with your left leg, lower the medicine ball to shoulder height, and lunge.
5. Stand back up, bring the medicine ball up and over your head and switch it to your right hand.
6. Repeat until the set is complete.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Tighten your core, keep your back straight, open your chest and maintain your feet hip-width apart. Inhale as you lunge and lower the medicine ball to shoulder height, and breathe out as you stand back up and bring the medicine ball up and over your head.
From the Shop
The reverse lunge with medicine ball overhead press is a compound exercise that strengthens your whole body, improves core balance, and boosts weight loss. This move helps to sculpt your core, glutes, quads, hamstrings, and shoulders and increases muscle power.
Reverse Lunge Medicine Ball Overhead Press Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the reverse lunge medicine ball overhead press, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …