Primary muscles: Glutes, quads, hamstrings, shoulders
Secondary muscles: Core, triceps, biceps, lats
Lunge Punch Instructions
1. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing each other.
3. Take a step back with your left leg, flex your knees and push your left arm out in a punching motion.
4. Stand back up, switch legs and repeat.
5. Keep alternating legs until the set is complete.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Maintain your feet hip-width apart throughout the entire exercise, tighten your core, keep your back straight, open your chest and don’t extend your arms completely. Breathe out as you lunge and push your arm out, and breathe in as you return to the starting position.
From the Shop
The lunge punch strengthens and shapes your glutes, quads, hamstrings, shoulders, core, arms, and lats. This is a compound move that works several muscles simultaneously, speeds up the metabolism and helps with weight loss.
Lunge Punch Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the lunge punch, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
Move quickly from one exercise to the next while performing this 15-Minute Abs & Obliques Superset. Supersets help you finish your …
Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath …