Primary muscles: Back
Secondary muscles: Core, lats, shoulders, glutes, legs, biceps
Equipment: Resistance band
Lawnmower Band Pull Instructions
1. Begin with your feet hip-width apart and your left foot a few inches behind the right.
2. Step onto a resistance band with your right foot and grab the band with your left hand.
3. Bend your knees, rotate your torso to the right, and bring the left hand toward your right foot.
4. Stand up, rotate your torso slightly to the left and pull the band until it’s close to your left shoulder.
5. Repeat this movement for the duration of the set and then switch leg positions.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Relax your head and neck, engage your core muscles, maintain your back straight, and keep your feet and knees pointing in the same direction. Exhale as you pull the resistance band toward your shoulder and inhale as you release tension and bend the knees.
From the Shop
The lawnmower band pull works your back muscles, helps define the waist, and strengthens the glutes, biceps, and shoulders. This exercise is a modified version of the dumbbell bent over row that also engages your core, glutes, and leg muscles.
Lawnmower Band Pull Demonstration
Sets And Reps
Do 2 or 3 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions on each side. If you prefer, you can replace the resistance band with a dumbbell and do the lawnmower pull instead.
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the lawnmower band pull, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Upper Body Exercises
Try these other upper body exercises to tone, tighten and sculpt your triceps, biceps, chest, upper back and shoulders:
Bent over row press
Dumbbell overhead rainbow
Staggered arm push up
Staggered arm knee push up
Belly Fat Burner Workout
Flatten your abs and blast calories with these 10 moves! A belly fat burner workout to tone up your tummy, strengthen your core, and …
Lower Body Workouts
Brazilian Butt Workout
Want to know the secret to a perfect booty? Try this Brazilian butt workout to shape, lift and firm your booty fast! A 30-minute at-home exercise routine to tone …
Upper Body Workouts
30-Minute Upper Body Workout
Look your best and get your arms, shoulders, back, and chest in tip-top shape with this 30-minute upper body workout. This strength …
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.