Primary muscles: Glutes, hips
Secondary muscles: Thighs, lower back
Equipment: No equipment
Hip External Rotation Instructions
1. Lie on your stomach with your hands under your head and the legs extended back.
2. Bend your right knee and place your foot on the back of your left knee.
3. Squeeze your right glute and lift the knee a few inches off the floor.
4. Pause for a second and return to the starting position.
5. Repeat, then switch legs.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Keep your head, neck, and spine neutral and fully engage your glutes. Breathe out as you squeeze the glutes and lift the knee off the floor, making sure not to raise your hip. Inhale as you lower the knee and return to the starting position.
From the Shop
The hip external rotation targets your external hip muscles and glutes. This is a highly effective move to strengthen, tone, and sculpt your buttocks.
Hip External Rotation Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the hip external rotation, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Lower Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …