Primary muscles: Glutes, hips
Secondary muscles: Thighs, lower back
Equipment: No equipment
HIP EXTERNAL ROTATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Lie on your stomach with your hands under your head and the legs extended back.
2. Bend your right knee and place your foot on the back of your left knee.
3. Squeeze your right glute and lift the knee a few inches off the floor.
4. Pause for a second and return to the starting position.
5. Repeat, then switch legs.
PROPER FORM AND BREATHING PATTERN
Keep your head, neck, and spine neutral and fully engage your glutes. Breathe out as you squeeze the glutes and lift the knee off the floor, making sure not to raise your hip. Inhale as you lower the knee and return to the starting position.
The hip external rotation targets your external hip muscles and glutes. This is a highly effective move to strengthen, tone and sculpt your buttocks.
SETS AND REPS
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the hip external rotation, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise: