Primary muscles: Shoulders, chest
Secondary muscles: Arms, legs, back, hips, abs
Equipment: No equipment
Hindu Push Ups Instructions
1. Start in a downward dog pose, with your hands shoulder-width apart, your body in a V shape, and your feet hip-width apart.
2. Bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor, going into low plank pose.
3. Straighten your arms, lift your torso and go into upward dog pose.
4. Lower your torso, lift your hips and return to downward dog pose.
5. Repeat until the set is complete.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Engage your core, relax the spine and neck, open the shoulders and keep the movement fluid and smooth. Breathe in deeply as you slowly move from downward dog to upward dog pose, keeping the elbows close to your body. Exhale as you lift the hips and return to downward dog pose.
From the Shop
The hindu push up is a compound move that engages the entire body and helps to improve your fitness level. This exercise increases the flexibility of the spine, improves your cardiovascular endurance, and conditions your whole body.
Hindu Push Ups Demonstration
Sets And Reps
Practice doing the downward facing dog, the low plank and the upward facing dog poses, first. Once you’re comfortable with your form, advance to hindu push ups and add 2 or 3 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions to your full body workouts.
To calculate the number of calories burned doing hindu push ups, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Upper Body Exercises
Move quickly from one exercise to the next while performing this 15-Minute Abs & Obliques Superset. Supersets help you finish your …
Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath …