Heron Pose Instructions
1. Sit on the mat with your feet together, legs extended and your spine stacked vertically.
2. Bend your left knee and bring the foot back, next to your left thigh.
3. Bend your right knee and place the foot on the floor, just in front of the sitting bone.
4. Grasp your right foot with both hands, extend the leg and lift the foot.
5. Stay in heron pose for 30 seconds, reverse legs, and repeat.
Open the chest, keep your torso long and press the shoulder blades against your back. Inhale as you lift the leg and exhale as you release the stretch and switch leg positions.
From the Shop
The heron pose is an intense hamstring stretch that also stimulates the abdominal organs, reduces bloating and improves digestion.
Knee or ankle injury.
Preparatory, Complementary and Follow-Up Poses
Start with staff pose, bound angle pose or head to knee forward bend and then progress to heron pose. Follow-up with wide angle seated bend or seated forward bend.
Related Yoga Poses
Try these other yoga poses to relax and relieve stress and tension:
Cow face pose with eagle arms
Easy pose with ear to shoulder stretch
Intense side stretch pose
Belly Fat Burner Workout
Flatten your abs and blast calories with these 10 moves! A belly fat burner workout to tone up your tummy, strengthen your core, and …
Lower Body Workouts
Brazilian Butt Workout
Want to know the secret to a perfect booty? Try this Brazilian butt workout to shape, lift and firm your booty fast! A 30-minute at-home exercise routine to tone …
Upper Body Workouts
30-Minute Upper Body Workout
Look your best and get your arms, shoulders, back, and chest in tip-top shape with this 30-minute upper body workout. This strength …
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.