Heron Pose Instructions
1. Sit on the mat with your feet together, legs extended and your spine stacked vertically.
2. Bend your left knee and bring the foot back, next to your left thigh.
3. Bend your right knee and place the foot on the floor, just in front of the sitting bone.
4. Grasp your right foot with both hands, extend the leg and lift the foot.
5. Stay in heron pose for 30 seconds, reverse legs, and repeat.
Open the chest, keep your torso long and press the shoulder blades against your back. Inhale as you lift the leg and exhale as you release the stretch and switch leg positions.
From the Shop
The heron pose is an intense hamstring stretch that also stimulates the abdominal organs, reduces bloating and improves digestion.
Knee or ankle injury.
Preparatory, Complementary and Follow-Up Poses
Related Yoga Poses
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …