Heron Pose Instructions
1. Sit on the mat with your feet together, legs extended and your spine stacked vertically.
2. Bend your left knee and bring the foot back, next to your left thigh.
3. Bend your right knee and place the foot on the floor, just in front of the sitting bone.
4. Grasp your right foot with both hands, extend the leg and lift the foot.
5. Stay in heron pose for 30 seconds, reverse legs, and repeat.
Open the chest, keep your torso long and press the shoulder blades against your back. Inhale as you lift the leg and exhale as you release the stretch and switch leg positions.
From the Shop
The heron pose is an intense hamstring stretch that also stimulates the abdominal organs, reduces bloating and improves digestion.
Knee or ankle injury.
Preparatory, Complementary and Follow-Up Poses
Related Yoga Poses
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …