Primary muscles: Glutes, quads, hamstrings
Secondary muscles: Legs, core, shoulders, arms
Equipment: Dumbbell, kettlebell
Figure 8 Squat Instructions
1. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, your toes pointed slightly outward, and hold a dumbbell/kettlebell in your right hand.
2. Squat, bring the dumbbell between your legs and pass it under your left thigh to your left hand.
3. Stand up and bring the dumbbell to the front.
4. Squat, bring the dumbbell between your legs and pass it under your right thigh to your right hand.
5. Keep alternating hands for the entire duration of the set.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Tighten your core, keep your feet and knees pointing in the same direction, and maintain your back neutral and aligned. Breathe in as you squat, keep the movement slow and controlled, and exhale as you stand back up.
From the Shop
The figure 8 squat targets the glutes and thighs and helps to improve lower body strength, power, and endurance. This exercise also works your core, legs, shoulders, and arms, giving you a great cardio boost.
Figure 8 Squat Demonstration
Sets And Reps
Practice doing plie squats first and, once you’re comfortable with your form, advance to the figure 8 squat. Do 2 or 3, 30-second to 1-minute sets and complete your full body circuit with the touch and hop, the curtsy lunge side kick raise, and the plank straight arm kickback.
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the figure 8 squat, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …