Crescent Lunge Pose Instructions
1. Start in standing forward bend and, as you inhale, step your right leg straight back.
2. Lift your torso and sweep your arms out to the sides and overhead.
3. Stay in crescent lunge pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Exhale, place your hands on the floor, step your left leg back, beside the right, and walk your hands back to standing forward bend.
5. Repeat with the opposite leg.
Straighten your right leg, relax the hips and keep the front knee directly over the ankle. Lift your chest, elongate the spine and neck, look up, and keep your arms perpendicular to the floor.
From the Shop
The crescent lunge pose stretches the groin area, opens the hips, strengthens the legs and arms, and lengthens the spine. This pose also helps improve your balance and coordination and build mental focus.
Neck, knee, hip, or back injury.
Preparatory, Complementary and Follow-Up Poses
Start with low lunge pose or standing forward bend pose and then progress to crescent lunge pose. Follow-up with warrior I or warrior III poses.
Related Yoga Poses
Try these other yoga poses to relax and relieve stress and tension:
Extended triangle pose
Seated mountain pose
Seated spinal twist pose
Full Body Workouts
20-Minute Metabolism Boosting Workout
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Lower Body Workouts
Legs, Booty & Cardio Bodyweight Workout
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …
Belly Fat Burner Workout For Women
Flatten your abs and blast calories with these 10 moves! A belly fat burner workout to tone up your tummy, strengthen your core, and …
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.