Primary muscles: Thighs, core
Secondary muscles: Glutes
Equipment: No equipment
Circles In The Sky Instructions
1. Lie on your back with your legs extended and your hands supporting your head.
2. Raise your shoulders off the floor, lift your right leg to a 90-degree angle, and raise your left leg only a few inches from the ground.
3. Slowly rotate your right leg, making small clockwise circles of about 1 foot in diameter.
4. Complete a set in one direction and then switch, rotating counterclockwise.
5. Lower both legs, switch sides, and repeat.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Engage your core, look up and keep your head and neck relaxed. Exhale as you crunch and lift your shoulders and legs off the floor. Breathe smoothly as you rotate your leg and keep the thigh perpendicular to the floor.
From the Shop
The circles in the sky is a pilates move that strengthens your thighs and your core. This exercise improves your coordination and balance and helps build strong, long, and lean muscles.
Circles In The Sky Demonstration
Sets And Reps
Start with 8 to 12 repetitions on each side and, if raising both legs is too challenging for you, keep one leg on the floor.
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the circles in the sky, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …