Bound Headstand Pose Instructions
1. Start in dolphin pose and position your hands close to a wall.
2. Interlace your fingers, tuck your chin and place the crown of your head in front of the hands.
3. Walk your feet in toward your elbows as much as you can, bend one knee at a time and bring it toward your chest.
4. Find your balance and then straighten the legs up the wall.
5. Stay in bound headstand pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute, return to dolphin pose and then rest into child’s pose.
The bound headstand is an advanced pose that requires shoulder, core, and leg strength to be safely executed. Breathe deeply, maintain your body stable, keep the shoulders away from the ears and keep the weight out of your head and neck. Engage your core, arms, and legs and maintain your spine aligned.
From the Shop
Baddha Hasta Sirsasana Benefits
The bound headstand is an inversion pose that invigorates the body, rejuvenates the cells, and strengthens the muscles. This yoga pose helps bring fresh nutrients and oxygen to the brain, face, scalp, hypothalamus and pituitary gland, and improves concentration and memory.
High blood pressure, glaucoma, pregnancy, neck or shoulder injury.
Preparatory, Complementary and Follow-Up Poses
Related Yoga Poses
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …