Primary muscles: Shoulders
Secondary muscles: Triceps, upper back
Arnold Shoulder Press Instructions
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Position the dumbbells at your shoulders, with your palms facing your body and your elbows bent.
3. Push the dumbbells up, rotate your palms outward, and fully extend your arms.
4. As you lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, rotate your palms inward.
5. Repeat until the set is complete.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Face forward, keep your back straight, open your chest, and exhale as you push the dumbbells up and rotate your palms. Give back support by engaging your core, maintain your hands shoulder-width apart, and keep your elbows under your wrists.
From the Shop
The Arnold shoulder press tones and sculpts your arms, shoulders, chest, and back. This exercise helps to improve your upper body aesthetics and increases muscle strength and power.
Arnold Shoulder Press Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To build muscle mass and increase strength, grab a set of heavier dumbbells and do 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions. To trim, tone, and sculpt your upper body, use lighter dumbbells and do 2 or 3, 30-second to 1-minute sets.
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the Arnold shoulder press, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Upper Body Exercises
Try these other upper body exercises to tone, tighten and sculpt your triceps, biceps, chest, upper back and shoulders:
Asymmetrical push up
Elbow squeeze shoulder press
One arm triceps kickback
Bent over row press
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …