Primary muscles: Core
Secondary muscles: Chest, shoulders, arms, thighs, glutes, calves
Equipment: No equipment
Ankle Tap Push Ups Instructions
1. Start in a push up position, with your hands under your shoulders and your legs extended back.
2. Start bending your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor.
3. As you push back to the starting position, lift your hips, and touch your left ankle with your right hand.
4. Return to the push up position and repeat on the opposite side.
5. Keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Engage your core and your glutes, maintain a neutral spine, and breathe out as you push yourself back up and touch the ankle. Keep the movement fluid, and inhale as you lower the hips and return to the push up position.
From the Shop
The ankle tap push ups challenges your coordination and balance and works your whole body. This move gets your heart pumping, strengthens the muscles and helps you burn a ton of calories in a short period of time.
Ankle Tap Push Ups Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing ankle tap push ups, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
Move quickly from one exercise to the next while performing this 15-Minute Abs & Obliques Superset. Supersets help you finish your …
Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath …