LOW LUNGE POSE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Start in downward facing dog and, as you exhale, step your right foot forward between your hands.
2. Lower your left knee to the floor and place the top of the left foot on the floor.
3. Inhale, lift your torso up and sweep your arms out to the sides and overhead.
4. Stay in low lunge pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Exhale, place your hands on the floor, lift your left knee up, step back and return to downward facing dog pose.
6. Repeat with the opposite leg.
Slide the leg that’s on the floor back until you feel a comfortable stretch in your front thigh and groin. Lift your chest, elongate your spine and neck, look up and keep your arms perpendicular to the floor.
The low lunge pose stretches the hamstrings, quads, groin and glutes, and strengthens the knees. This pose also helps to improve balance and concentration, and builds mental focus.
Neck, knee, hip or back injury.