Low Lunge Pose Instructions
1. Start in downward facing dog and, as you exhale, step your right foot forward between your hands.
2. Lower your left knee to the floor and place the top of the left foot on the floor.
3. Inhale, lift your torso up and sweep your arms out to the sides and overhead.
4. Stay in low lunge pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Exhale, place your hands on the floor, lift your left knee up, step back, and return to downward facing dog pose.
6. Repeat with the opposite leg.
Slide the leg that’s on the floor back until you feel a comfortable stretch in your front thigh and groin. Lift your chest, elongate your spine and neck, look up and keep your arms perpendicular to the floor.
From the Shop
The low lunge pose stretches the hamstrings, quads, groin and glutes, and strengthens the knees. This pose also helps to improve balance and concentration and builds mental focus.
Neck, knee, hip, or back injury.
Preparatory, Complementary and Follow-Up Poses
Related Yoga Poses
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …