Low Lunge Pose Instructions
1. Start in downward facing dog and, as you exhale, step your right foot forward between your hands.
2. Lower your left knee to the floor and place the top of the left foot on the floor.
3. Inhale, lift your torso up and sweep your arms out to the sides and overhead.
4. Stay in low lunge pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Exhale, place your hands on the floor, lift your left knee up, step back, and return to downward facing dog pose.
6. Repeat with the opposite leg.
Slide the leg that’s on the floor back until you feel a comfortable stretch in your front thigh and groin. Lift your chest, elongate your spine and neck, look up and keep your arms perpendicular to the floor.
From the Shop
The low lunge pose stretches the hamstrings, quads, groin and glutes, and strengthens the knees. This pose also helps to improve balance and concentration and builds mental focus.
Neck, knee, hip, or back injury.
Preparatory, Complementary and Follow-Up Poses
Related Yoga Poses
Move quickly from one exercise to the next while performing this 15-Minute Abs & Obliques Superset. Supersets help you finish your …
Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath …