Exercise smart and keep burning calories even after your workout is over with this lower body and cardio split workout. Lift, tone and tighten your booty, legs and thighs and show off your hard work in no time!
LOWER BODY AND CARDIO SPLIT WORKOUT
LOWER BODY AND CARDIO SPLIT WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this split workout with a thorough warm up routine.
Repeat the first 5 exercises 3 times, rest for 60 seconds and then repeat the remaining 5 exercises 3 times.
1. Bulgarian split squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a step or a box behind you and put your right foot on top of the step. Bend your knees and lower the hips until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
2. Advanced bridge: 60 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, your arms extended back and your fingers facing away from the body. Lift your butt off the mat, coming into a tabletop position, lower your hips and return to the starting position.
3. Romanian deadlift: 60 seconds. Grab a set of dumbbells, push your hips back and lower your torso, until it’s parallel to the floor.
4. Hamstring curls: 60 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your chest up and your spine neutral. Bend both knees, curl your legs up and squeeze the glutes. Straighten your legs and repeat.
5. Inner thigh lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your side, cross your top leg over and lengthen your bottom leg. Flex your bottom foot and press that leg up and down for 30 seconds.
6. Step up with knee raise: 45 seconds. Place a box or a step in front of you and stand up straight. Step onto the box with your right leg and drive your left knee up. Step down and repeat with the opposite leg.
7. Forward jump shuffle back: 45 seconds. Start in an athletic position with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hips low. Extend your arms back to create momentum, and jump forward. Shuffle back to the initial position and repeat until the set is complete.
8. Double leg donkey kicks: 45 seconds. Start in downward dog pose, push off with your toes, kick your legs up and bend the knees. Land on your toes with your knees slightly bent.
9. High knees: 45 seconds. Bring your knees up to waist level and then slowly land on the balls of your feet.
10. Fluter kick squats: 45 seconds. Stand with one foot forward and the other foot behind you. Jump and switch leg positions. Jump again, landing with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart, and squat. Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise.
Finish this lower body and cardio split workout with a set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this lower body and cardio split workout: